Catch me if I fall

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Eric's super bingo

The bf proposed at Marina Barrage today over a game of Scrabble. He was hoarding letters and grumbling that he couldn't get the ones he wanted. "Can I change letters again? I keep drawing the same ones!!!" Good thing I let him.

Eric prepared a yummy spread for us. Potato salad with bacon bits, chicken chunks, sandwiches and grapes. And how do I know he loves me?... He put cheese on everything. Except the grapes. :)

Enjoying my sandwich. Eric's specialty. Luncheon meat, cheese, and lots of love.

"I just need a 'Y'... if I could place my letters, I think it will win me the game." I thought he was saving for some funky bingo word. He was saving for two words, actually. And yeah, they won him (a lot more than just) the game ;)

He never actually got his 'Y' because I had it. And I refused to trade it for his blank tile. He didn't want to use a blank because "blank got no points".

So how? He finally gave up trying to draw a 'Y' from the bag and said, "Ok, for illustrative purposes, let's say I had a 'Y'"... and he took my 'Y' from the board, put it in his tile rack and spun the board around to face me (he later told me he'd bought the Scrabble Deluxe swivel set just for this).

His proposal...

When I saw those two words, it took like 3 seconds to sink in. And then he pulled out the ring. Surprise!!!! =P

I cried, and then I laughed, and then I laughed and cried. I hugged him. And then I placed two letters under his tile rack.

...and my answer ;)

That's a bingo. The best one Eric ever played :)



Oh, happy day ;)

5 comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous ccnp training in delhi said…

    very nice blog. i like it.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Tsuds said…

    Hi,

    I've just read your post; congratulations :)

    What a beautiful, sweet moment for you both.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Blue_belle said…

    Thanks Tsuds! Yeah, my bf (oops, fiance now) rocks. I'm a lucky girl ;)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger lillinda said…

    How sweet ! The only questions I get playing Scrabble with my honey is "That's a word, ain't it?"
    Congratulations and I wish you all the best.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous BettyB said…

    Hi,

    Just read this today..... loooong time later
    But the story is as strong as it was on the day you were proposed to. What a beautiful, romantic story!
    Sigh......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home