Catch me if I fall

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Suan me. Suan me now.

I am She Who Walks Into Plants. No kidding.

Our first cell group meeting was hilarious. You had to be there. We had a new girl, Camelia, and I *think* she liked us =P another Harry Potter fan! The girls are so gonna do a movie marathon before the last two movies come out *grinz*.

She'd studied in Sydney, and we wound up telling her about Sam and I visiting Lis there. I said it was a fun trip, except Lis and Sam ganged up against me the whole time. Like when Lis signalled to me to get off the bus and I signalled back that I got it, but *apparently* they both thought I just looked blank. They call this look the 'elevator music' look. (This is in the June 23, 2007 post - I knew I blogged this!)

Humph. So anyway, as I'm telling this story and pouting that my best friend(!) and my own sister(!!) like to gang up on me, my dear Europe holiday buddy Siew May, who's sitting on my left, chips in, "Actually, yeah, she does have that blank look on her face when she wakes up in the morning..."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo. So much for support from my girls.

And Sam proceeds to recount the 'wrong cinema' story. You know, the one where everyone's waiting for me at Cineleisure, while I'm racing to PS to try to make it in time for the opening credits. (Or was it the other way around? I forget.) Anyway, I make it to the cinema *just* before the movie starts, can't find anyone and call Sam. Only to realise I'm at the wrong cinema. The best part? The tickets had been booked by (you guessed it) yours truly! I remember Pete saying "We'll kill you later" as we finally ran into the right cinema hall. Sorry guys =P

In my defence, I said at least I didn't get lost (for once) getting to the cinema. I just went to the wrong one!

All this time Jason sits across the table with this bemused look on his face. We all know what he's thinking... "Suan me. Suan me now!" Heehee. Well, it IS good entertainment right. Like Camelia said, I bring happiness to everyone. Yeah, 'cos everyone's definitely laughing now ;)

And to compound the evidence for my utter lack of direction, I take two steps out the door as we're leaving... and walk right into a neighbour's plant. "OW!!!!"

Now how on earth did I do that????? Sighness. Now I know where all these scratches that mysteriously appear on my arms and legs come from...

I gotta say though, I really do *heart* my cell girls. I love how they're always there for me, for meals, movies and mayhem (I mean, er, holidays). Already May and I were planning our next Europe trip over dinner before cell. Italy!!!! Whee!!!!!!!! Sam - 15 years of history. *Ouch* =P And I'd had an awesome lunch with Jess that day - always a pleasure babe ;) Glad I still get to see you even though we've split. Honestly, what would I do without my girls?

... Mmmmmm well. I'd still be laughing at myself I guess. But I'd have less people to laugh with me ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home