Catch me if I fall

Monday, January 04, 2010

Two weeks

Happy New Year y'all! It's 2010 already. Woot!

Last year was a year of ups and downs for me and mine. Who knows what this year will bring? Already it's off to a rollercoaster beginning. Each day a new surprise...

Well, I don't know about tomorrow... but I know Who holds tomorrow ;) So I'll start the year trusting Him, and hope I'll keep trusting Him all year through. It's the only way!

________________________________________________________________

I think I experienced a brief moment of self-doubt today. I was almost tempted to emo. Sheesh. I had to remind myself why I'm doing this. And the reason is enough to keep me going. (It's a good one.) And so instead of emo-ing, I started praying. And found my peace in talking to God.

Incidentally, I know I'm experiencing personal growth when something that would have sent me into a tailspin barely 12 months ago now drives me almost immediately to my knees. Looks like I have found a good balance after all. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

________________________________________________________________

(In case you're actually reading my blog.)

Have you heard the story of the boy with the ball of golden thread? You probably have. If not, I'll tell you the story some day. Anyway, here's something that popped into my head on the train ride home. I'm writing this down before I forget.

********************************************

The boy with the ball of golden thread
Wanted too much too soon
So he skipped all the stars of the Milky Way
'Cos he wanted the Sun and the Moon
But the Sun burned out and the Moon grew cold
And before he knew it he'd gotten so old
And he'd missed the beautiful stars of the Milky Way
'Cos he wanted too much too soon

The boy with the ball of golden thread
Wanted to shed no tears
He shielded himself from each demon and ghoul
'Cos he wanted to face no fears
But he felt no joy 'cos he felt no sorrow
And with nothing to fear all bravery was hollow
So the boy with the golden thread lost his soul
'Cos he never shed any tears

*********************************************

As if it wasn't obvious enough, this is a little bit you and a little bit me.

You were right (mostly). I was wrong (sort of). But it'll still be two weeks till I say I'm sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home