Catch me if I fall

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Living Dangerously

Listening to Goo Goo Dolls, but for some reason I've got Foo Fighters songs running through my head. Aiyar, just feeling really emo lah. Maybe it's hormones, but... not really. Just feeling nostalgic and really melancholic. Reality kicking in. Maybe I'm getting cold feet. Ugh.

Thinking about life, the universe, and everything. That's quite a lot of stuff on my mind. The whole meaning of life, and in particular, the meaning of MY life. If there is one. What do I really want? And how do I get there? Are the sacrifices I have to make worth it?

I don't know, like I never have.

I'd like to say I have no regrets in life. That's my motto, 'No regrets'. But then since when was life perfect? Of course I have regrets. If I could live my life over, I would, in a heartbeat. All these things that I have done. Would I trade them for the person I am today? I'll take my chances. Even if everything I had were taken from me (sigh), maybe I'd be... better able to live with myself. So... who have I let down? Or am I, like the sad-faced policeman, betrayed?

Questions I can't answer. And more.

Hooboy. I've had lyrics running through my head all day. Very random, annoying and terribly disorienting. Oh some of them aren't mine, if that's what you're thinking. Those that belong to me, I wrote down. I'll string them together someday, and maybe then they'll make sense. Till then, bits and pieces... just another unwritten song. I seem to be at a lyrical impasse now.

This is the song I wrote yesterday. I kinda liked it then, but now I absolutely hate it. It sucks, but what the hey, here it is anyway. This one's for you, even if you don't know it, even if you never read it.

You Were Right

You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right
You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right

I'm sorry for the lies
That hide the ugly truth
Forgive these hungry eyes
Forgive my wasted youth
Standing aloof
Is a skill I never mastered
Can't get far enough away

I've tried, I can't leave
I know I'm not that brave
Clinging to the dreams I weave
All the world to save
Everything I gave
I didn't think really mattered
Now I know, I face it everyday

You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right
You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right

A little peace of mind
Don't tell me what I want to hear
I'm sure I'll learn in time
You're not the one that I should fear
I'll be right here
When the myth is shattered
You will go and I will stay

You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right
You were there when I needed you
All the time I needed you
All this time unheeded,
You were right there
You were right
You were right there
You were right for me

I'm sorry, I think I've been here before. If I have, I can't remember how it turns out. I'm still living in a fantasy world, remember? I hope it has a happy ending. But then, reality twists. So I guess one never really knows.

Don't worry if you're not getting any of this. In all probability, I'm just as sane as you are. I can explain, but I won't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home